Analytics
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal conversions and unique events discrepancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have both destination and event goals set up on my site.

I created custom reports to track the same events/pageviews as the goals, and I got very different numbers (for conversions and page views and for conversions and total events as well). 

My custom reports are always showing a lot more page views/events as how many goal conversions I have in the goal reports.

I thought that the reason might be that if there are more events from the same in a session, then it is going to be calculated as one conversion. However, when I look at the unique page views/events in my custom report, the number is still higher than my goal conversion.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Re: Goal conversions and unique events discrepancy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Most goals (With the exception of e-commerce goals) can only be triggered once per session. So it is quite likely that the trigger events or pageview  may take place many times but there will be just one goal.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Oren!

I was considering this solution too.
However, if this would be the case, the number of unique events and the goal completions should be the same. But the goal conversions are still less then the unique events.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Is your data sampled ?