AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal conversions and destination page view hits are different

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a virtual URL being generated when a user account is created successfully. I have created a goal with the virtual url as destination.

When I look up the virtual URL under Behaviour>SiteContent>AllPages, I see 5 pageviews for it.

However for the goal I see 3 conversions.

Shouldn't it be a 1:1 ratio? Can there be any reason why I don't see 5 goal conversions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goal conversions and destination page view hits are different

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ruchika A,

It is possible that conversion took place and one of those people visited the page more than once within the session. This would account for having more page views than conversions. This is most likely what happened. 

However, it is also possible that the conversion event happened too quickly and the conversion did not track or something technical prevented it from being tracked.  

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Goal conversions and destination page view hits are different

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Ruchika -- You looking at Pageviews or Unique Pageviews? The goal conversions number should (in theory) match the Unique Pageviews number.

Also, what is your URL rule for the goal destination URL? Exact match? Reg Ex??