Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal Tracking: Subdomain LP to Root Thank You conversion page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

We're in the process of creating a new subdomain that will host all of our paid campaign efforts. Our current conversion is on www.example.io/demo/thank-you/ or /next/ or /hq/, etc. 

RegEx: (thank(.*).?(\?(030|040|050|060|070)(=*)$))|(\/next\/hq(\/$)|(.)(us|uk)\/$)|(\/hq\-de\/$)

If we implement the subdomain, in Analytics, should there be any changes to the RegEx URL above? Will any data be affect since a user is going from demo.example.io/ to www.falcon.io/thank-you/?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you are using the same tracking code in both cases then (sub)domain is not evaluated.

In your example the domain is actually changing so you might want to be sure if you need to use cross domain tracking so that the users session stays intact when moving between your campaign site and thank you page

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Antti,

That's actually my mistake.

Subdomain will be try.falcon.io and goal page will be www.falcon.io.

I'm assuming, using the same GA code, nothing will need to be changed.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yep no changes. Keep an eye out for any strange data at Referral, Landing Page reports and look at your bounce rate for awhile.

Just  a precaution since there are so many variables in GA account.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.