Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal Source issue in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey everyone! Many thanks in advance for your help.

We have various contact forms and request information forms spread across this section of our website: https://www.kent.edu/business. They use wufoo.com

The issue that we are having is that the goal completions are recorded but not categorized correctly. We are getting a large portion of submissions from the source: cobamarketing.wufoo.com even though the forms are embedded in the site.

There are two GA tracking codes on the website - one for the main university which uses the universal tracking code and is embedded using the Google Tag Manager. The other uses the traditional tracking code (the one we are using for this sub-section of the website). I had the universal code on there at first but changed to the traditional because it tended to resolve the referral source issue on other websites that I've worked on.

All goals that we've set up are "destinaton" goals in GA and go to a unique thank you page. Here's an example of one: http://www.kent.edu/business/onlinemba

Goal Source issue in Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

The problem is you are using an iframe. Even thought it is embedded within your website the source of the iframe is a different domain.

A way around this providing that wufoo gives you access to the backend code, is to add GTM or GA into the form HTML itself. Next you would have to prevent the iframe from starting a new session with cross domain tracking etc.. 

This can be a tricky one to get around.

Also, try adding  cobamarketing.wufoo.com to the referral exclusion list and see if that helps in any way.