Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal Funnel: 5 step checkout w/ optional 3rd step.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have a goal funnel consisting out of 5 steps. However the choice at the 3rd step results in two different conversion paths. I was wondering if you can measure this within one Goal Funnel. If so , what would be the best way to track this conversion path, so i can visualize the goal funnel proces. 

(1) Productpage
(2) Cart
| Choice between guest checkout or registration |
(3) Guest checkout OR Registered checkout (Different URLS)
(4) Payment
(5) Confirmation

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goal Funnel: 5 step checkout w/ optional 3rd step.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Leroy W,

Either funnel path will result in a conversion, and you would be able to tell the conversion paths based on the funnel visualisation report or the goal flow report.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nicky,

I have a similar situation to that described by Leroy above, but I'm not sure that I understand your answer. Do you mean that you would fire off the same step number for the guest checkout page and the registered checkout page, perhaps using a checkoutOption ( such as... 'checkout': {'actionField': {'step': 3, 'option': 'guest'})? Or are you saying that one would assign them different numbers and the funnel visualization will make clear who 'skipped' which? I apologize for my confusion, and thank you in advance if you're able to explain further. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Me neither I dont't understand Nicky's answer.
I have exactly the same situation of Leroy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
This is a popular question! I have a similar issue. Does anyone know the solution?