Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal Flow Report Displaying Incorrectly

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to view the Goal Flow report for a particular goal that contains 7 steps plus the Destination URL. The report page itself however appears broken. I'm assuming it can't handle the amount of steps I've specified in the funnel? No matter what level of detail or zoom I set it stays like the below, only showing me the first two steps.

Is this a known issue?

(The attach image function on the post message page doesn't appear to work)

Goal Setup: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ls0px7scoakhcq3/goal-setup.png?dl=0

Goal Flow Report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay8mpsvp7839p1y/goal-flow-report.png?dl=0

Thanks,

Ross 

Re: Goal Flow Report Displaying Incorrectly

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

that chart looks like it is saying that 100% of the traffic is looping form the last stage back to acknowledgements page

- have you gone through the goal yourself to ensure there are some legitimate triggered instances to measure and no kind of setup error?

-------------------------

If you liked my answer best please 'mark as best answer' if I was helpful but not the best please 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem is, why doesn't it show visits to the steps/pages in the middle of the funnel? I know that they were visited as it's impossible to get to the destination Goal URL without doing so, and we can see conversion events for this goal elsewhere in the view.

Am I misunderstanding what this report is supposed to show?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Can you take a look at the funnel view it is a bit clearer as a visualisation for a multi page goal found here:
Conversions > Goals > Funnel Visualisation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That does show all of the steps, but I have other questions with this view, as step 2 in the funnel shows as an exit at step 1. Why would that be? I might understand it more if it was occurring further into the funnel steps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qor3r1fi2udv6x1/funnel-visualisation.png?dl=0

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
ok at least you have a good view now
yes can see 23 who go to next step are showing as exit
go through the funnel stages yourself waiting and watching in real time analytics to see how you register
set the funnel goals up again form scratch in another view and see if you get the same situation
is there anything common about those 23 'exits' in browser or device etc?

-------------------------
If you liked my answer best please 'mark as accepted' if I was helpful but not the best please 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply.