Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal Conversions discrepancy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a goal set up for when customers place an order on our site via the shop/confirmation page.  It's registering 28 conversions, but out internal system of record (SAP) shows that we actually have 29 in the same period.  Any insight into the discrepancy?  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goal Conversions discrepancy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Danielle S,

If it's just a difference of one conversion, then I would give GA some more time to process data. Usually it takes up to 24 hours for the data to be processed into your Standard reports, so perhaps check again tomorrow.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Re: Goal Conversions discrepancy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Also please remember that GA is not to be used for accounting purposes, since there are lot of factors (JS block, network traffic error etc.) that might prevent conversion to be recorded in Google Analytics. To my experience 5% error level should be acceptable, beyond that you should take actions to see if accuracy could be improved.

You can push those conversions that are missing manually if it is important that numbers match. Analysis-wise it doesn't bring much more value since you are most likely not able to tie the missing conversion to traffic source or visited pages before conversion.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.