Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal Conversions - Same page The Form Is On

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Have a question, after searching the forum, I could not find an answer.

We have a landing page with a form on it, multi step form which is fine.  But the new developer does not technically take the person who filled out the form to a landing page.  What is does is use a "thank you" section on that page (javascript or jQuery, not 100%), but then after they fill the form out it gets a string like, www.domain.com/landing-page/?fname=test&program=20-year%20fixed%20rate%20mortgage&phone=555-555-5555

I set up goals using begin with and matches "/?fname=" (not quotes of course) this morning.  After filling the form out 20+ times yesterday I thought (after verification) that it would pick up those form fill outs.

Is there a regular expression I could create to track these?  Do I have to wait another day to see if these will show that the goal converted?  Do I need to have a separate landing page to make sure these are tracked?  Are they not recording because technically it does not leave the page?  Should I use an OnClick Event for the form submission.  Or use Google Tag Manager?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goal Conversions - Same page The Form Is On

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Please try to set match type to regular expression and just type "fname" into the field (no quotes). It should register a goal when the path contains "fname".

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1116091?hl=en#matchTypes

Let me know if it works.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital