Analytics
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal Configured as a Destination URL Suddenly Not Showing Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently have a goal set up in GA to record conversions once someone completes the free trial form on my website and lands on the 'thank you' page I created for that specific form. Last week GA was showing several conversions for this goal, which aligned perfectly with the number of leads that passed through in salesforce.

Today, three trial requests came through (I receive an email notification each time) and no conversions are appearing in GA. After reading several articles, I verified that the goal was configured properly - additionally, I ran a test and appeared in both real time as well as the goal conversion report.

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be happening here? I'm thinking it could be a VPN the users purchased - but 3 in 1 day seems a little farfetched.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Goal Configured as a Destination URL Suddenly Not Showing Conversi

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Charly,

with low numbers of conversions it's sometimes tricky to explain single missing measurements. Could be internal IP filtering, cookie disabling, JavaScript disabling or maybe just not enough time (about 24 hours) to get all numbers in Analytics settled ...

Christoph

Re: Goal Configured as a Destination URL Suddenly Not Showing Conversi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. I had the same thought regarding the IP filter so I deleted that earlier today (it wasn't showing any difference in web traffic anyway).

Appreciate the feedback, I'll give it a full 24 hours and hopefully the data will appear.