Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal Completions in Dynamically Generated URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I have set up a contact form submission as a Goal in Google Analytics and used /contact-us/thank-you/ as a Regular Expression, but when looking at the data in the GA interface is showing some discrepancies. Well, at least it doesn't make sense to me that a variable URL that is automatically generated end up having several goal completions. Shouldn't be unique? based on a randomly generated ID parameter? 

Could anyone shed some light in here, please? I don't think GA is tracking properly my form submissions.

Thanks in advance, 

Javier

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

It can happen that a user reloads the thank you page in a new session (goal completions are counted only once per session), that would explain multiple goal completions with the same unique ID. Please check under Behavior -> Site Content -> All pages how many unique pageviews the URL has.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your quick reply Arnold, 

I cross checked what you suggest to do. The number of goal completions is the same as unique views for that particular URL. Therefore, should I assume that the user has reload the thank you page in a new session? What would he do that? Isn't that a bug?

Thanks for your contribution, any other suggestion guys?