Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Goal Completions Change (for the positive) When Looking At Smaller Date Range

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a weird issue that I can't come up with any reasonable answer for. I'm hoping someone smarter than me can help me figure this out.

Here's what's happening: 

• I setup a goal on my website
  • When I look at a date range of May 15, 2016 - June 14, 2016, I see 9 Goal Completions
  • When I change that date range so that it looks at June 10, 2016 - June 14, 2016, I see 24 Goal Completions

Anyone have any idea why I would see MORE Goal Completions if I'm looking at a smaller period of time? 

FYI - I'm looking at a custom report that has a page-level filter on it. Not sure why that would produce the results that I'm seeing, but figured it would be relevant to mention.

thanks!

Re: Goal Completions Change (for the positive) When Looking At Smaller Date Range

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eli,

Did you compare your data the number conversions you have like for example for the date range of May 15, 2016 - June 14, 2016 was there really only 9 conversions? and same thing for the June 10, 2016 - June 14, 2016 was 24 conversions?

If both correctly matches the number of you conversion then that means that you probably had a spike of conversions this week

Re: Goal Completions Change (for the positive) When Looking At Smaller Date Range

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately, these aren't conversions or transactions, but goal completions (arriving at a specific URL) and we have nothing to compare them to.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If your goal is arriving at a specific URL I would first go to Behaviour->Content->All Pages report, filter it to see only that particular URL that is your goal and check if for given dates' ranges that page has the same number of Unique Pageviews as you see in your Goal Report. It's worth giving a try. If you happen to do that then please let me know if the numbers add up.