Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Gclid data (quality of leads)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

I want to reach next goal - I need to understand from what exactly ad and from ad set lead have come. With UTM I can undestand it because I see ad and an set ids but if I will not using Gclid I can't turn on optimization from my Google advertising campaigns. 

I want understand quality of leads from my sales department and turn off(or maybe another actions) exact ad which can give me profitable leads but don't bring me clients!

Thanks a lot for your help!)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Gclid data (quality of leads)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Eugene,

I'm not sure I am getting your point here but generally, you have gclid parameter from Google AdWords and UTM parameters from any other campaigns. You may include at formants etc. in your utm_campaign or utm_content parameters.

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In case, I need to add through API to my CRM system data from what network of Google adwords I received a lead? I just want to know I received a lead form GDS or Seach Network. How can I add this data to my CRM and understand personaly from what network I received a lead?

Thanks!)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Eugene,

you can try any API access to Analytics by using the Google Analytics Query Explorer [1]. Ad network is dimension 'ga:AdDistributionNetwork'.

Christoph

[1] https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/query-explorer/