AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

GTM tag in GA Goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everybody!

I would track a long process on my website.

The first step should be a GTM tag where i track a (buy) button.

The next step should be the basket page (only those whos fired the first gtm tag)

The third should be the personal data page (only if previous conditions are met)

The next step is a bit complex. There is two way to pay. One of it is on my page, teh other one is via PayU ( virtual page?). But both of it ends with the same page.

That page is the goal url. (/paymentends)

I would really apreciate the answers.

Thanks You!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GTM tag in GA Goal

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Peter,

goal funnel set up is done in Google Analytics goal definitions, not in GTM. Are you able to discern all your funnel pages by URL?

Christoph

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You might want to see: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Tracking-Goals-Ecommerce/Can-I-combine-two-type-of-goals-E...

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can't the first one. I know the URL but i want to track only if the buy button is clicked (so the gtm tag fired).

Thanks for your reply!