Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

GA is counting goals multiple times on the same day

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

It seems like GA is counting my "Account Creations" goal multiple times for the same user on the same day. For example user X has completed the account creations goal 8 times yesterday only.

Do you know what could possibly cause this issue?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA is counting goals multiple times on the same day

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi 99,

this would mean that the user had a minimum of 8 sessions on that day. So either that person has visited the page which is set as destination goal 8 times in 8 different sessions or there is a problem with the implementation which would mean that the session brakes somewhere in the process yet the user still had to visit the destination page 8 times.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zorin

But isn't the goal is unique per session? I mean even though used had 8 visits on that day, the goal should be counted as 1 only?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

Goal completion is measured per session / visit so if in each of the sessions / visits the user completed the goal the # of completions would be 8 in your case.

Kind regards,
Zorin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zorin,

Thank you for the answer.
But i think there is something wrong with my implementation. Because my GA VPV URI would only get fired when finished creating an account. There is no way for a user to get to this VPV URI fired again (other than recreating an account ).

Not sure how my users keep on accessing this URI again and again.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Yep that can very well be the case - if you can post the site I might be able to help more.

Kind regards,
Zorin