AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

GA is counting goals multiple times on the same day

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

It seems like GA is counting my "Account Creations" goal multiple times for the same user on the same day. For example user X has completed the account creations goal 8 times yesterday only.

Do you know what could possibly cause this issue?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA is counting goals multiple times on the same day

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi 99,

this would mean that the user had a minimum of 8 sessions on that day. So either that person has visited the page which is set as destination goal 8 times in 8 different sessions or there is a problem with the implementation which would mean that the session brakes somewhere in the process yet the user still had to visit the destination page 8 times.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zorin

But isn't the goal is unique per session? I mean even though used had 8 visits on that day, the goal should be counted as 1 only?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

Goal completion is measured per session / visit so if in each of the sessions / visits the user completed the goal the # of completions would be 8 in your case.

Kind regards,
Zorin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zorin,

Thank you for the answer.
But i think there is something wrong with my implementation. Because my GA VPV URI would only get fired when finished creating an account. There is no way for a user to get to this VPV URI fired again (other than recreating an account ).

Not sure how my users keep on accessing this URI again and again.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Yep that can very well be the case - if you can post the site I might be able to help more.

Kind regards,
Zorin