AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

GA has stopped tracking ecomm data for specific channels

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

3 days ago all my ga data for transactions and ecommerce conversion across all channels (accept 'Direct') began showing that there has been 0 transactions / conversions. Checked payment gateway and this is not correct which shows that there has been transactions. Have reviewed GA and it is still providing me a rolled up transaction count / conversation rate - only attributed to Direct. Core activities that have been done a week before this issue include addition of IP filters, switching on enhanced ecommerce and moving views that were in stand alone accounts for different web assets into one account. This issue did not occur the day after any of these things were done - but instead a few days after.

I should add that all views for various web properties are showing the same issue. Beginning on the same day. Any ideas on cause / solution are appreciated.

Thanks.

A

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Andy,

Usually all of your ecom getting rolled into direct or referral is a problem with a third party checkout.  Do you have that?  That would be a good place to start.  Use GA Tag Assistant available in the Chrome store (free) to make a recording of a test transaction; it should help you pinpoint the problem.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Excellent suggestion Bennett.

This was exactly the issue. 

Seems a recent order came through with source.

Thanks for the response.

Greatly appreciated.

Andy. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Andy,

Happy to help.  If the user goes to a third party and back, you will also want to set the 3rd party domain as a referral exclusion in the property settings.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn