AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

GA data protection safe?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hihi

Our IT team raises concern over the sensitive of data (confidential) collecting the revenue collected from ecommerce/enhanced ecommerce plugin and highlighted that GA plugin should just use to analysis users behaviour. Any advises that it should be all right/not to collect revenue info?

Regards

Liz

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GA data protection safe?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Liz,

Google does not use your data for its own purposes. Let's make sure this idea is debunked once and for all.

I would advocate that being able to track ecommerce behavior means that your product teams can sell better which, at the end of the day, pays for the IT team's salaries ;-)
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan