AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

GA Transaction Data Not Matching Up With WooCommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My sales data in WooCommerce for the month of September is higher than what shows for revenue in Google Analytics. Does anyone know why this might be?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah B
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sarah,

If you compare the transactions in Woocommerce and in GA, you'll find that some of them are missing in GA. This happens when the user is not getting back to the success page for some reason or they close the browser before the transaction tracking code is fired. It can also happen that there are other javascript resources on the page that delay firing the ecommerce tracking code, the user is using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on or they have javascript disabled. There can also be communication issues between the site and the GA servers. I'd say around 5% of missing transactions in GA is acceptable. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah B
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sarah,

If you compare the transactions in Woocommerce and in GA, you'll find that some of them are missing in GA. This happens when the user is not getting back to the success page for some reason or they close the browser before the transaction tracking code is fired. It can also happen that there are other javascript resources on the page that delay firing the ecommerce tracking code, the user is using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on or they have javascript disabled. There can also be communication issues between the site and the GA servers. I'd say around 5% of missing transactions in GA is acceptable. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My sales data WAS showing up previously in GA. Nothing was changed and now the data isn't showing in GA.  Could this be an issue with the GA server not connecting with the WooCommerce in Word Press? I made sure the enhance tracker was not enabled due to having enhanced GA on Woo Commerce. 

I followed through all of the set-up instructions for GA/WooCommerce and it seems there are codes I need to add in to my Thank You Page-- is this true? Or can it be posted on the Check-Out page?

Thanks In Advance!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having this exact issue with a client's site - started about August 7th (about 3 weeks ago).

WordPress 4.8.1 was released on 8/2. This client is a WPEngine customer and I know they take a few days to update their clients to each new WP release themselves, so I'm wondering if they were upgraded to 4.8.1 on the 7th and it had something to do with the new release. That's the only thing I can possibly point it to - nothing else on the site had changed, and Tag Assistant says everything is firing properly. All other data is flowing as it should. 

Any ideas?