Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

GA - Different domains / cross domain tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My requirement is to create conversion report across wordpress site and infusionsoft. What happen is one my site if someone wants to checkout a product by clicking download/Buy that person is refer to my infusion soft webform and buy the product over infusion soft.
Now I want to track the cross domain pages and its conversion goal. What I did is I created a Tag in GTM with allowLinker= true , cookieDomain= auto and then put both sites in crossdomain tracking like abc.com,infusionsoft.com . Saved it and then in GA Referral Exclusion List I added the same site again as abc.com,infusionsoft.com

When I load the first page it fires the TAG when I click on download button it opens infusionsoft URL with _ga= client_id
But the issue is I am not able to track this in google analytics. Can you please help me out with this.
Regards,Naveed

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Syed N
April 2016

Re: GA - Different domains / cross domain tracking

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
This is from an older integration I did - Google Tag Manager integration was not supported when I tried it summer 2015. I added GA directly
Add your GA code directly with the cross domain additions via the Ecommerce Setup > Order Form Themes > Edit Theme > HTML Areas » Custom Footer

Here is a worked-out example if you are dealing with iframes: https://www.impression.co.uk/blog/1292/infusionsoft-google-analytics-cross-domain-iframe-goal-event-...

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
In your list of steps, you did not mention adding Google Analytics on the Infusionsoft side. The simplest solution is to add AnalyticsConnect (found in the Infusionsoft Marketplace).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As far as I know AnalyticsConnect is paid solution. Cannot we do it via Google Tag manager cross domain tracking etc

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Do you have Google analytics / GTM code on InfusionSoft page?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Syed N
April 2016

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
This is from an older integration I did - Google Tag Manager integration was not supported when I tried it summer 2015. I added GA directly
Add your GA code directly with the cross domain additions via the Ecommerce Setup > Order Form Themes > Edit Theme > HTML Areas » Custom Footer

Here is a worked-out example if you are dealing with iframes: https://www.impression.co.uk/blog/1292/infusionsoft-google-analytics-cross-domain-iframe-goal-event-...