Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Funnel with login/register before checkout ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Sorry, if it has already been asked but I couldn't find it, but can't imagine that somebody not already asked it:

Please some advice how to define my funnel.

I want a funnel from the start of a page till the checkout, but just before the checkout, a person has to perform a login, or register (or he might already been login).

Should I build 1 funnel with 'all" or 3 funnels (register, login, already logged in) ?

I would prefer 1 funnel with "all", such that I have it all together and can see how he performs a login or subscribe.

But I don't think that is possible as the login consists of 2 steps: login and login/success and the subscribe of 3: subscribe, subscribe/activate, subscribe/activate/success (or /error).

I though about something like this. Funnel steps:

/shop/start

/shop/overview/

/shop/overview/subscribe|/shop/overview/login

/shop/overview/subscribe/activate/success|/shop/overview/login/success

/shop/overview/checkout.

But then I can't see if people will drop off because of the login or subscribe, so I think I have to make 3 funnels (as such 3 goals): 

1) Already logged in.

2) Login before checkout.

3) Subscribe before checkout.

Please you feedback/experience?

- Ed

Re: Funnel with login/register before checkout ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ed,

I have the same experience with a client. The funnel doesn't actually effect the goal total that is just one thing to be aware of. As it is a funnel your simply would not be able to see different user paths / drop of and one report, so in essence you would have to create several funnels reports for the different users journeys.

I am unsure if the funnel report may be the best report to find the information you seem to be looking for. Have you tired using the behavioral flow report? This should give you better analysis as a whole where users are dropping of, what pages are they visiting and so on.

I hope that helps

Thanks
Funmi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I have a similar need, that is, conversion rate from
- guest users
- registered users
- unregistered users that register within the checkout process

@Olufunmi: is there a way to get conversion rates from the behavioral flow report ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Alessandro,

Have you tired building a custom segment. I would segment goal report using these custom built segments.

For help to build these visit. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493?hl=en

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, as far as I know, advanced segments are not appliable to goal funnels if that's what you mean...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Segments are no available on the goal flow report, but there are on the Behavior report so you can see what the user is doing, although you can see the conversion rate using this report. The only way I think you can see conversion rate from the type of users you mentioned is by segmenting the Goal Overview Report but it wont be broken down in steps. You might be able to get a bit of data with the reverse path report once segmented to see the last few pages users visited?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'll give it a try, thanks