Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Funnel visualisation updates getting slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We use Goals to track users progress through a checkout funnel.

Last year this would update after a few hours.

This year it moved to always being a day behind (i.e.looking at the Funnel visualization for today would show 0 sessions, but looking at it the next day would should some).

This week it now appears to only update after 2 days!

Page views (which is what the Funnel Visualization is ultimately based) still seem to update quickly (15 mins or so), but the Funnel Visualization is much slower to update (24-48 hours).

I've searched and can't find anyone else complaining about this.

Has there been any announcement from Google Analytics on this?

Have any of the rest of you noticed this?

Is there anything we can do to increase the refresh rate?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Funnel visualisation updates getting slow

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Barry,

Your site's volume could play a role in this as intra-dat processing does kick out with volume.  By the way, have you tried the goal flow report instead?  It's a MUCH better report.  ( I would not expect goal flow to be updated more quickly).

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Funnel visualisation updates getting slow

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for that. Haven't used Goal Flow before and it looks to be up to date as of yesterday (so still not this morning, but a bit better than funnel visualization report).

The numbers in the goal flow, seem to be slightly off the table below (which match the funnel visualization reports when comparing previous days). Not sure why? See attached picture where I have 88 sessions feeding into "1: Get Quote". This becomes 91 sessions at the top in the flow report (which is incorrect) but only 88 sessions in the table (which is correct)?!?! Am I reading this wrong?

GoalFlowReport.png