Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Funnel Visualization for a Goal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm new to setting up and using goals in Google Analytics. I've added a new goal that is based on the user performing an event. This event is logged to Google Analytics when a user presses a button on web page. I've confirmed that this goal is working. However, what I don't see is a funnel.

I visited the Conversions -> Goals -> Funnel Visualization. The only thing I see is entrance -> [Goal Name] in the visualization. However, I went through several pages on my website to perform the action. For example, here are the pages in the session that I went through before clicking the button: Home Page -> About Page -> Blog -> Product Page -> Button Clicked.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something. However, I was expecting to see a funnel with Home Page at the top with the Button click at the bottom of the funnel. What am I missing here?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Funnel Visualization for a Goal

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can set up a funnel for destination page based goals. You need to specify each step (pages visited) of your funnel in your goal setup page. You'll be able to see the data in the funnel visualization report. As I mentioned above, it doesn't work with event based goals.

Please check the article below about funnels:

https://megalytic.com/blog/understanding-the-funnel-visualization-in-google-analytics

Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital