Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Funnel Visualization Not Working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've gone step by step to set up a funnel visualization goal to see what percentage of our customers convert once they reach the checkout page, but even after a month of it being set up, I'm getting no data.

goal GA4.JPGgoal GA.JPGgoal GA2.JPGgoal GA3.JPG

goal GA5.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carolina G
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Carolina,

Read a small text (example) below the destination URL and above the funnel URLs. Smiley Happy You should use only URL paths there, not the whole URL unless you have configured this filter.

For example:

1) /finishorder.php

2) /cart.php

3) /checkout.php

I usually do not prefer using "equals to" match type. It depends on the URL but Regular Expression (if it's configured properly) is sometimes a better option.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Taavi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carolina G
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Carolina,

Read a small text (example) below the destination URL and above the funnel URLs. Smiley Happy You should use only URL paths there, not the whole URL unless you have configured this filter.

For example:

1) /finishorder.php

2) /cart.php

3) /checkout.php

I usually do not prefer using "equals to" match type. It depends on the URL but Regular Expression (if it's configured properly) is sometimes a better option.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That definitely helped, especially changing it to Regular Expression! Thanks!

One more question for you though. Since the home page is just the regular URL with no suffix, how can I track the beginning of the funnel? 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Check this report: Reporting -> Behaviour -> Site Content -> All Pages

What do you see there? Smiley Happy

Basically, there can be 2 options:

1) just "/"

2) or "store.fiveultimate.com/"

If you've configured this filter that I mentioned before (Was that configured?), you should see the second option. If not, you'll see the first on. Use it in your funnel as well.

Hopefully, you removed this https:// part from the destination URL field as well.

Cheers,

Taavi

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, it started worked when I only used what comes after the /. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi,

I am facing a similar issue. I couldn't see the traffic on my goal funnel while I see the conversion numbers on goal portal. I created goals with regex match. And, how long would it take for GA to report in Goal funnels after creating goals & funnels?

Thanks & Regards,

Uma

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Uma S,

Are all the steps required? Smiley Happy

It might take up to 48 hours to see your data in GA (processing latency is 24-48 hours in Google Analytics).

Hope this helps.
Taavi

Re: Funnel Visualization Not Working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
All the steps? I didn't get you. I could see the goal funnel data but not
for all goals.
Thank you.
Regards,
Uma Shankar.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi,

By any chance do you know if I can use regular expressions within funnel Steps?

Cheers,

Juan 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is over a year old.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here