Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Funnel Visualisation not showing conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ... 

I've create the following funnel through my application, and despite capturing data, I'm not seeing it displayed in my funnel visualisation.  Clearly I've done something wrong, but I can't see it.  Could someone please point out the error in my thinking!

Funnel-1.pngStep-1Funnel-2.pngStep-2Funnel-3.pngStep-3Funnel-4.pngI see data...Funnel-5.png... but no conversions in the funnel

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew K
June

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

With funnel visualizations, unless the required first step is completed, then it wont count as a conversion in the funnel.
If someone reaches the destination goal though, it will still count as a conversion in all other goal reports.. just not the funnel report.

Good article on setting up funnels
https://blog.kissmetrics.com/conversion-funnel-survival-guide/

eta..also keep in mind it can sometimes take up to 48hrs for some reports to show processed data.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew K
June

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

With funnel visualizations, unless the required first step is completed, then it wont count as a conversion in the funnel.
If someone reaches the destination goal though, it will still count as a conversion in all other goal reports.. just not the funnel report.

Good article on setting up funnels
https://blog.kissmetrics.com/conversion-funnel-survival-guide/

eta..also keep in mind it can sometimes take up to 48hrs for some reports to show processed data.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Further to Bronwyn's reply, I've now got data appearing in the visualisation ... It appears that it does indeed take 24-48 hours for the data to appear in the visualisations, even though conversion results are shown earlier than that.