Analytics
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Funnel VISUALIZATION Broken? Shows no successes, but Conversion Rate is 8%

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

1.  My goal Funnel shows 8.6% success.
  2.  Manual test shows roughly the same thing. (If I search on that page in Behavior > Site Content >All Pages
  3. BUT... Funnel Visualization shows 0 people getting to the last step.
    Does Visualization require some minimum amount of traffic? (Seems odd since it does show % for the earlier stages of the Funnel/Goal.

Screenshot

Re: Funnel VISUALIZATION Broken? Shows no successes, but Conversion Rate is 8%

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

The print screen is too small to see what is happening but: 99.9% your funnel has a mistake in it.

The total goal completion rate is calculated based on how many ppl complete the goal, it *ignores* the funnel.
So for your site, the conversion rate is 8.6

I can see in the print screen that you have a 100% drop off in the "Lesson start" step.
I presume you made a typo in the URL you've typed in the funnel or maybe you put the last step in the funnel the actual goal page.

You would need to attach 2 high resolution images of how you have defined your goal and funnel (from the goal page) and of this page to see exactly at that exit point to where people are going.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!

More info.

Note: you may need to click the "full screen' button to see it larger..

Screenshot of Funnel Visualization

Funnel Definition

Hmmm.. I didn't realize that the funnel was different from the Goal.

When I enter Funnel Visualization, I pick a goal. So I assume it uses the pages defined in Funnel of the Goal.

1. Ahhh... Does the Funnel Visualization simply IGNORE the last step, since it's technically not in the Funnel?
  2. Does the Goal Funnel show successful *pages* or successful *people*. (I.e., if one person  went through all steps of the funnel 3 times, does that give ONE success in the F. Visualization or 5?
  3. If so, does it make sense to include the Goal twice: once as the last step in the Funnel and once as the Goal?  (So that the Goal shows up in the Funnel?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok.

So what is wrong here is that you didn't include ALL the steps in the funnel.
So I presume from the print screens that after someone starts a lesson they are taken to the /Excercise started page and maybe some more and only after that they end up on the App_exit page.

So if the site navigation is something like this: page 1> page 2> page 3> page 4 you *can't* create a funnel that looks like page 1> page 2 > page4. Because in this case page 3 becomes an exit point.

So include all the necessary pages in the funnel.

And the final page on which the goal happens (APP_EXIT) should NOT be in the funnel. (so it is correct the way u have it now).

After you include ALL the possible pages you're funnel visualization will look as it should and also give you the correct numbers.

This article explains it a bit better: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2976313?hl=en

Does the Goal Funnel show successful *pages* or successful *people*. (I.e., if one person went through all steps of the funnel 3 times, does that give ONE success in the F. Visualization or 5?

Goals (and funnels) are incremented once per session.
So if I as a person complete the goal twice in a session it will be measured only once.
But if I complete it once today and again tomorrow it will be measured twice.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I read that page. I didn't see anything about what happens if your funnel is missing a page the user visits.

Any other suggestions? (I tried searching on " do I need to include app pages in my google analytics funnel". No luck.

And between step 1 and 2, I have several other pageviews that can happen (and must, at least for some of the sessions).
There are e ways some should "exit" after step 1:

1. They exit the program (we should see an exit pageview then)
2. The program crashes (it seems that's what we are seeing here.
3. The user visits another page (that is not listed in the Goal's Funnel). That should show up as a pageview to the right.''

The 4 exits after Step 1 show NO pageviews.

See Screenshot

Funnel VISUALIZATION Broken? Shows no successes, but Conversion Rate is 8%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. I am trying to see the conversion rate of page 1>page 2>page 3.

When the user is in page 2, he can navigate to different pages (it should be counted as 'exit' points).

Any solution?