AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Funnel Setup Using Regular Expressions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Is it required to mention the start(^) and end of the regular expression ($) in the funnel setup, if we have selected destination match type as Regular expression or not required? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

It is not required, use them if you want to match only paths that begins and ends as defined in the regex. Without them the regex will match the path if it contains what is defined in the regex. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Funnel Setup Using Regular Expressions

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for your prompt response. You can see my below goal and funnel setups. But I can't see even a single drop off in flight review page. The data range which I selected is of one day, even I selected one month data but not even a single drop off is showing.

I tested the regex expressions using the tool it is working fine. Do, I need to wait for sometime to reflect in the funnel visualization? because I have updated this before one hour only.

If we think practically there should be some drop offs in the review pages but its not showing. Did I committed any mistake?

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

There is a delay in data processing in Google Analytics that can be 24-48 hours. Usually the changes are reflected in the reports in a few hours. I'd suggest you to wait a few more hours. Please check the document below about data processing latency:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en#DataProcessingLatency

As long as there are visits recorded to the review pages in the funnel visualization report your regex should be fine.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Arnold, as you said will wait.