AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Form submission with Tag Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. 

We have intercom live support chat and I would be happy to fire adwords conversion pixel when someone send us a message.

I looked in the code and it looks like this intercom chat is a form.

<form action="" method="POST" id="intercom-composer" class="intercom-composer" style="transform: translate(0px, 0px);">

So I created a new trigger "Form submission" and make it Fire on Some forms.

I chose Form ID - equals - intercom-composer.

But unfortunately, it does not work.

Where should I start looking for a solution?

Would be happy to get any help.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Form submission with Tag Manager

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Intercome live support chat is implemented as an iframe via javascript. GTM (or GA for that matter) can't observe any events inside an iframe across domains, so what you are attempting will not work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is bad. But the intercom has email field. And if a client leave email and press Enter, the trigger works.
That is why I am confused about that.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
That is strange - can you post the URL?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our website?

Fire on: Form class - contains - intercom-new-anonymous-user-disabled

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
You are correct - the there is some other interesting stuff going on here that gets a lot of the functionality into your DOM and it IS observable. My bad.

Its not a form submit however. It's a keypress event that is intercepted - no form is submitted when the chat takes place.

You will need to create a custom trigger using JavaScript upon observation of the keypress event - in this case the enter key. This would an hour or two of development and testing - you might want to ask the vendor if they have someone already working on it.