AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Form Event Tracking Analytic. Need help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need help on tracking Form of one of my website. 

Please check the below links, How can i track that how many people are actually seeing that Red message after filling up the details? I guess that we can do via event tracking, but do not know how? Pls help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Form Event Tracking Analytic. Need help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anyone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anil,

The URLs that you have posted are not rendering.
As i understand, you want to track users that have filled the form and reached to next page.
Pls correct me, if i am wrong,

If such is the scenario, then why dont to set a goal for it.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

the Analytics event in this case isn't dependent on the click on the button-so usual JavaScript onclick events don't fit in here. Instead it's internal logic that writes out the error message here or not. Therefore, try to just append the event-tracking code inside a script element to your error message inside your div element:

You can book only 5 hours in advance <script>ga('send', 'event', 'Interactions', 'Make a Reservation', 'You can book only 5 hours in advance', {nonInteraction: true});</script>

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Webfield.

Do you want me add the following script exactly to track this event ?

You can book only 5 hours in advance &lt;script&gt;ga('send', 'event', 'Interactions', 'Make a Reservation', 'You can book only 5 hours in advance', {nonInteraction: true});&lt;/script&gt;

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes-try to glue it just behind your message. So that at the end, source code should be

... id="err">You can book only 5 hours in advance <script>ga('send', 'event', 'Interactions', 'Make a Reservation', 'You can book only 5 hours in advance', {nonInteraction: true});</script></div>

I'm not 100% sure if it works like that-but it should. The event code refers to analytics.gs version of Analytics.