Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Form Event Tracking Analytic. Need help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need help on tracking Form of one of my website. 

Please check the below links, How can i track that how many people are actually seeing that Red message after filling up the details? I guess that we can do via event tracking, but do not know how? Pls help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Form Event Tracking Analytic. Need help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Anyone?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anil,

The URLs that you have posted are not rendering.
As i understand, you want to track users that have filled the form and reached to next page.
Pls correct me, if i am wrong,

If such is the scenario, then why dont to set a goal for it.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

the Analytics event in this case isn't dependent on the click on the button-so usual JavaScript onclick events don't fit in here. Instead it's internal logic that writes out the error message here or not. Therefore, try to just append the event-tracking code inside a script element to your error message inside your div element:

You can book only 5 hours in advance <script>ga('send', 'event', 'Interactions', 'Make a Reservation', 'You can book only 5 hours in advance', {nonInteraction: true});</script>

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Webfield.

Do you want me add the following script exactly to track this event ?

You can book only 5 hours in advance &lt;script&gt;ga('send', 'event', 'Interactions', 'Make a Reservation', 'You can book only 5 hours in advance', {nonInteraction: true});&lt;/script&gt;

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes-try to glue it just behind your message. So that at the end, source code should be

... id="err">You can book only 5 hours in advance <script>ga('send', 'event', 'Interactions', 'Make a Reservation', 'You can book only 5 hours in advance', {nonInteraction: true});</script></div>

I'm not 100% sure if it works like that-but it should. The event code refers to analytics.gs version of Analytics.