Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Firebase Counts All APP- "First Open" As a Direct Source. How do I fix this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey There! I need some help with Firebase Conversion tracking For App Download please!

* Firebase Attribution for "first_open" is recording a lot conversions but it is not assigning conversion source correctly. 

* So far all conversions sources are counted as (direct).

* So right now I'm seeing no conversions when I know for sure I do have at least 18 adwords conversion because adwords can also track installs directly from Google Store.

What can I do to troubleshoot this problem? 

* my adwords campaign is on autotagging. So do i need to manually tag my campaigns?

* I am importing this goal to AdWords and this account is also linked to Adwords. I read a lot of sources but nothing really on this issue

Re: Firebase Counts All APP- "First Open" As a Direct Source. How do I fix this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having the same issue here, please help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue. what is interesting to note is that it is the click-to-download campaigns that have this issue. A campaign that takes the traffic to a landing page and from there to the app store IS getting adwords attribution. Not sure what it means.

Doesn't help that it takes the support about 2 weeks to respond to an email.... Smiley Sad

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Having the same issue here, and because I'm using the free Firebase version I'm only allowed 5 questions in a year to Firebase support. And no documentations on this matter as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

having the same issue. all download conversions are labelled direct? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also having the same issue.  Any luck on finding a solution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still having this issue of all first-open attribution getting on Direct source ! Anyone have find a solution yet ? 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Same issue here. It looks like campaign information should be passed through dynamic links but it's not clear how to set those up. Even Google's own demo Firebase project only shows "direct" for all first_open events. Has anyone implemented utm campaign tracking for Firebase app installs successfully?