Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Finding The Average Session Time Of An Website Enquirer?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I’m trying to generate a metric for the ‘Average Session Time of Our Website Enquirers' - is this possible with GA, and if so, how can I find out?

Do I need to setup an event or goal, and could it actually detail the average session time?

I’d greatly appreciate if someone could provide some simple and clear ‘how to’ instructions, to help me set something setup. It’s probably not as difficult as I imagine, but I need some expert advice!

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Re: Finding The Average Session Time Of An Website Enquirer?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Michael -

Just to clarify, would you like to measure the average session duration of users who have enquired before?

Complex Solution: You can create a custom dimension that captured those users and then that will allow you to measure the behavior of only that segment of users.

Simple Solution: Create a custom segment that includes all users who have made an enquiry. Just be aware that there are some pitfalls with this method.

Cheers,
Tiaan

Re: Finding The Average Session Time Of An Website Enquirer?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tiann,

Thanks for your response!

> “Just to clarify, would you like to measure the average session duration of users who have enquired before?”

Yes. By ‘enquirer’ I mean a website visitor who has completed our ‘contact us’ form, filled out their details, and clicked the ‘submit enquiry’ button (CTA). In addition, I’m only looking to track this information for new enquirers (from now), and not for past enquirers (anything from before I implement this solution).

I hope this answers your question.

As a Google Analytics novice, I’m inclined to pick the simple solution, but that depends on what pitfalls are involved? Is this something I could implement as a beginner?

The complex solution looks like it involves writing code, which is not something I could do, but we have team members in our office who could support with that.

Again, thanks for your feedback Smiley Happy

Regards,

Mike