2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Filter out Smart Goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to filter out smart goals from my 'All Goals' totals?

I had no desire to use Smart Goals but all of a sudden they got turned on on their own and they're now messing with my All Goals data which I need for a report. I've since turned them off but need the data from the past month without the smart goals numbers in there.

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Filter out Smart Goals

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Jessica,

I think you can tell from the lack of a reply that there is no way to filter them out.  You can however, go into the smart goal section and at least see the traffic broken out with conversion rates for all the traffic that did not convert as a smart goal.

There is however supposed to be a dimension of "smart goals completed" available in views in which smart goals were activated; and hypothetically you could filter on that in a custom report -- but I can't seem to get that dimension anywhere.

Do you have another view (unfiltered perhaps) that you can use?

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Filter out Smart Goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo,

Yeah I gave up, ended up just calculating it through excel, thankfully only 1 month was effected.

Thanks for the effort!

Jessica

Re: Filter out Smart Goals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Best practise is to have separate views in Google Analytics per conversion type. I've had the same issue in the past. The best is to create views and isolate goals in each view so the "All goals" in the reports are accurate.

We've create the following views for goals:

- Master

- All email conversions

- All interest conversions (event based goals like "click to call" on phone numbers)

- All conversions (includes both email and interest goals)

- Smart goals