Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Facebook Referral Total Events and Unique Events Have a Large Difference - Why?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We track form submissions and our social media mavens have been promoting an estimate request service on Facebook and getting some submissions.

But what I've noticed...is that Total Events has a large difference from Unique Events...for the submissions. (screen shot below)

Anyone know why this occurs?

Thanks, I just want to make sure we are properly measuring the correct amount of submission acquired from Facebook...so, I neither want to over report...nor under report the success of their efforts.

facebook_referral_events_disparity.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author talexander
March 2016

Re: Facebook Referral Total Events and Unique Events Have a Large Difference - Why?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ok. so GTM is being used for tracking installation.
I was just curious as to what was triggering the event.

Rather than me burbling on at you, there is an excellent article regarding Unique Events that can be found here:
Misunderstood Metrics: Unique Events

Thanks

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Re: Facebook Referral Total Events and Unique Events Have a Large Difference - Why?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
What is being tracked as the event? A click on the button that submits the form via an onclick event or the submission of the form via an onsubmit in the form tag?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Sorry about my delay...holiday wknd!

Here's the string of code from the submit button...

input type="submit" value="Send Quote Request" class="wpcf7-form-control wpcf7-submit"

Does that help?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Are you able to provide a link to the page with the form in it?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Sure,

http://localmotion.com/free-estimate/

Much appreciated! T
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author talexander
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ok. so GTM is being used for tracking installation.
I was just curious as to what was triggering the event.

Rather than me burbling on at you, there is an excellent article regarding Unique Events that can be found here:
Misunderstood Metrics: Unique Events

Thanks

Bronwyn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
In case you are wondering...in CF7, under additional settings.....I send the event to the dataLayer by:

on_sent_ok: "dataLayer.push({'event': 'estimate-request-form-submitted'});"

Thanks for the article...off to review it now!

T *)