Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

FB Ads conversions are much higher than Analytics conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I'm running some FB ads campaigns and the conversions reported by FB and by Analytics are so different! While FB reports around 100 conversions in my e-commerce site, Google Analytics reports 6 last-click conversion and one assisted conversion.

I know they will not be equal at any case, but this difference is unacceptable.

I think the problem is not in the FB pixel, as AdWords conversion code is placed in the same place and works perfectly, so I have no idea what is happening here Smiley Sad

Any hints?

Thank you all

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: FB Ads conversions are much higher than Analytics conversions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Alejandro, how are things?

That's a big difference indeed.

Can you tell us how are tracking conversions from Facebook inside your Analytics?

Whenever you have paid campaigns or external links you should use custom URL by using the UTM parameters. If do not use UTM parameters at the time, maybe your facebook traffic is counting as referral instead of "Facebook" as source. Can you check if that's the case?

You do not know about UTM, you should use this builder to promote your URLs:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Alejandro,

in addition to what leandrofm already said - what does the AdWords conversion pixel tell about the conversions? Did you define the Analytics goals with the same page as Facebook & AdWords pixels are implemented in?

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello! Thanks for your response!

I use the UTM parameters to tag my campaigns and check it by campaign and by source / medium. I used the URL builder to create them as I always do... So I'm sure the problem is not in the utms.. Smiley Sad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Christoph!

The adWords conversion pixel and the conversions reported by analytics match almost 100%. Facebook pixel is in the same place that adwords' one, so I feel that the problem is not there.. but maybe I'm forgetting something Smiley Frustrated

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hey Alejandro, can you provide one example of tracked facebook URL? It's very strange that Adwords is working and Facebook is not. If it was a general problem, nothing would work, so it seems some conflict for Facebook only.

Also, although the source for "Facebook" may not match, see if there isn't any increase of conversions on any other source, such as Direct or Referral. Usually when data gets lost, another source "gains" the user.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click