AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Experiencing duplicate transactions after implementing enhanced ecommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last week I implemented enhanced ecommerce for our Google Analytics account, and since then our revenue began being duplicated with every transaction because there are now two different product name versions of every product being reported as sold. Here is an example of how one of our transactions is currently appearing, whereas it should only be $7.75:

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 4.01.53 PM.png

Here is the dataLayer for the transaction completion page:

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 10.50.57 AM.png

Last week we were passing the NewerTech%20StoraDrive%20 value within the ItemName variable within the OrderItems array, but we updated it to no longer contain special characters, and the enhanced ecommerce code we added within the "products" array does not contain the "name" variable, which is why I'm assuming it's showing up as (not set). However, why would Google Analytics still continue to pass in the old %20 values into our reporting and therefore causing the revenue to be double what it should be?

My two questions are (1. how can I prevent Google from filling in the old %20 product name values despite it not being in the dataLayer, and (2. what would be the best way to correct this data? Should custom import the transaction data for the dates affected and set override to yes? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

To give a bit more background if its helpful, I have Google Analytics setup via GTM, and the only tag running is a pageView tag with enhanced ecommerce turned on and set to read values from the dataLayer.