Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Events data available under the real time but not under the behavior

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are using the tracking events functionality and we only see the data under the "real time" category but not under the "behavior" category. There are no filters on the view so I'm not sure why there is nothing in under behavior. We understand the it may take some time for the data to be moved from "real time" to "behavior" but we don't see anything under "behavior" even for previous dates that had date in "real time".

Any suggestions will be appreciated since we researched several forum and didn't find any solution to this issue.

Thank you

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Diego,

You're seeing data in your Real-Time reports but all other reports are empty and you've had Google Analytics on your site for more than 3 days, am I right?

It's really weird. Could you please share the URL of your website?

I will take a quick look at your tracking.

Cheers,

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Taavi,

Thanks for your feedback. Correct, we see data in the Real-Time reports but all other reports are empty. We've had Google Analytics for over 10 days now. I agree that it's weird but have look into all Google Analytics configurations and haven't find anything wrong.

We are using Google Analytics to track web services calls so there is no URL that I can share since the web services are only available behind the firewall. We know that the calls are getting to Analytics because we are getting a 200 response code back after making the post call -see [1] below- and because we are seeing the data in the Real-Time report.

[1]
06 Feb 2017 15:17:41,755 DEBUG AnalyticsMeasurementService: trackEvent: [200] [UA-00000000-2] [url] [operation] [<orderId>000000</orderId>]

Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is no data under Reporting -> Behavior -> Events -> Overview. That's why I posted the message on this forum. Under "Property Hit Volume" in the Property Setting we see summary data so the data is getting to Analytics but it's not displayed on the reports. Thx.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Diego,

I recommend contacting the official support. Hope this helps.

Let us know if you get more information. It's interesting.

Taavi

Re: Events data available under the real time but not under the behavior

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Diego,

I believe there is some bug at the implementation level.

Diego, although you are confirming that data is reaching GA servers. But have u checked what data is reaching GA.

the data that you want to see in GA reports, is that data reaching GA.

Ellaiah Pusa

About Me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same happened to me. The problem for me is that I was using User ID property (im sending events with PHP). So you need to enable UserID feature on the property https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123666?hl=en

Anyway I can tell that the reports now show events on my case are way far less that real events.