Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Events based Goal set up and Funnel Visualization

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Is there a way to create a goal/funnel based on the events created on my site. The events are happening on the same page, so i don't have seprate URLS to set it up in the destination category. Is there another way to track a particular event flow?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
March

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey!

a) You could create a event Goal, so you could see the coversion for this event in different reports

b) You could check out Behaviour->Events->Events Flow. There you can see a funnel type of thing where follow how people move between your events. 

c) You could create virtual pageviews instead of events, therefore have a destination goal and goal steps for funnel visualisation (up to 20 steps).

d) You could use a custom report, choose type "Funnel" and there you could use your events as steps. Downside is that it only allows max 5 steps.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy Let us know what you used.

Cheers,

Karin

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
March

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey!

a) You could create a event Goal, so you could see the coversion for this event in different reports

b) You could check out Behaviour->Events->Events Flow. There you can see a funnel type of thing where follow how people move between your events. 

c) You could create virtual pageviews instead of events, therefore have a destination goal and goal steps for funnel visualisation (up to 20 steps).

d) You could use a custom report, choose type "Funnel" and there you could use your events as steps. Downside is that it only allows max 5 steps.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy Let us know what you used.

Cheers,

Karin

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, @Karin K.

unfortunately, d) is only available in Google Analytics 360, part of the Google Analytics 360 Suite.  Smiley Sad

Re: Events based Goal set up and Funnel Visualization

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Karin. Could you give little more info on the 4th option as i didnot see a way to create funnel type custom report.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey!

Yep, the 4th option is only available in Google Analytics 360 and you could find it as marked on the screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

That's what i thought. Infact 360 also allows you to do events+destination based goal set up together. Thanks for your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to do the same thing. I don't see the Funnel tab on the Custom Report tab page. I know this is a Beta feature. Is it possible to turn on all the Beta features so I can access it, or do I have to wait for the A/B test gods to place me in that bucket?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Analytics Solutions Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here