Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Events are triggering, but Goals aren't

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with goals showing up. Here's the setup in GTM and Analytics (it's a form submit, on all of my pages).

• GTM Tag (event) with category, action, label and the proper UA tracking ID
  • GTM Trigger, which is a form submission, waiting for tags and validation. Setup as Page URL matches regex .* for all pages, and form ID = the form ID from source code.
  • Goal setup in Analytics - Custom, Event, with the matching category, action and label. I feel silly saying this, but the option to "record" the goal in my reports is flipped on.

Now, I'm seeing my events in Behavior->Events->Overview....I also see the event hit everytime I fill out the form in real time, but it's just not showing as a goal conversion. I understand there's a lag for goals being accrued in the Analytics stored data, but I've given this 7 full days. I've also doublechecked, and confirmed this version has been published in GTM, and the preview + debug tool confirms the event is being sent to my Analytics property, with the proper event parameters. This is a Joomla site, if that matters?

Any thoughts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Zach B ,

Did you see the conversions in real time same as events? If events are getting triggered properly, then kindly check the goal settings again. The event category,action,label value  if case - sensitive, or extra spaces between the name, conditions( equals to, regex, begins with).

Thanks,
Ritwik B

Re: Events are triggering, but Goals aren't

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm only seeing the events in real-time, no conversions. I've triple
checked the spacing, conditions, and case use of all my goals in the admin
tab, and they all SHOULD be firing properly.

What's driving me mental is the fact that I'm seeing each category, action
and label properly when the events show in real time, and the goals that
match those combinations just aren't logged.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Were you able to solve this? I'm working with the same problem right now Smiley Sad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Silly question...what filter parameters do you have for your goal-event in the edit section for the goal? Big difference between a regex filter and an exact match. Hope that helps. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having this issue, too! Did you ever find a solution, Zach?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Kasandra B :-)

This is an older post, you will likely get a better response if you start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Analytics Solutions Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will do - thank you! Smiley Happy