1.5K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Event ordering

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone, 

I am new to google analytics and working on a product to come up with a solution. I have a question regarding the ordering of the events get stored in google analytics. Suppose user goes to a website logs in and did some navigation on the website fired up some events, In a particular session the order of events recorded by Google analytics , is it based to time when they fired ?. As google analytics does not have a seconds dimension, so i want to figure out the way to order the events on the based of time. We have only minute level granularity,

Any suggestions thoughts will be helpful thanks.

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rohit G
March 2016

Re: Event ordering

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rohit,

You could create a custom dimension which would add the full timestamp of each hit (hit level) or push time in any form required such as current time but only pass seconds.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rohit G
March 2016

Re: Event ordering

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rohit,

You could create a custom dimension which would add the full timestamp of each hit (hit level) or push time in any form required such as current time but only pass seconds.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net