AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Event firing in the wrong view

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I will try and include as much information as possible:

I am trying to track an event that is firing in analytics. At the moment, it is firing in the wrong view. We have two views at the moment:

- Main view

- No filter view

At the moment, all conversions are being seen in the main view. Apart from one. It is firing as an event in the 'No filter view', but not in the main view. When I have tested all the other goals in the main view, it shows them in real time so it can't be anything to do with a filter:

In regards to filters, they do have 2 filters setup to block two particular IP addresses, but neither are the IP address of myself. These filters are setup for the old web designers and their internal team. 

Really appreciate any help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Event firing in the wrong view

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Sophie, 

Every view in a property will receive data from the property unless filtered out. BUT goals are defined on a View level so there's a good chance your goals were properly setup and/or there's a par between the goal setup of the two views. 

Check this out and let me know if this solves the issue. If not, we'll examine it further! 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’