Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Event Tracking not working on cellular data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Got a tricky problem. We have a website setup with GA and GTM, both of which work flawlessly when tested on desktop and mobile using a WiFi connection. However, when we attempt to track via mobile using a cellular data connection, 3 events will not track (out of 8 total). We've tried looking for the common denominator for the three events and have come up empty. Any possibility this is some strange bug/interference from something? Any help would be appreciated--pretty stumped on this one.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Event Tracking not working on cellular data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Danielle
That's a weird one all right!

To be honest, the only thing I can think of is that your celluar provider proxy is stripping out or somehow blocking the GTM container somehow.

Are the sessions being tracked as normal?
What is real time saying?

Do you have a URL we can take a look?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Danielle,

the only difference in terms of Analytics should be the 'Service Provider' used. Are you using any view filters for that dimension?

Christoph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Everything else seems to be tracking as normal (sessions and the majority of events) in real time, which is why I think we've gone a while without realizing this was a problem. What's particularly odd is if I pull the item that's not tracking (for example, a styled anchor tag on the homepage) into a stripped HTML doc with only it and the google code, I still don't get a real time ping, so I don't think it's interference from any other scripts. I also tried re-writing the anchor tag to match one that was working in case it was sensitive to how the order of classes/ids/targets appeared. No such luck. Super strange!

URL is Buy.LouisianaSeafood.com. Thank you for the response!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The only filters we have applied are our IP address, which I thought could somehow be interfering, but I removed the filters, tried again, and no such luck. Also tried via cellular data at another location. Very much stumped!

-Danielle