AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Event Tracking for Forms as a Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to track multiple variables form selections across both analytics and adwords? As an example, I have three product options that result in a price structure:

Option 1 (Product Type): Variable 1, Variable 2

Option 2 (Quantity): Variable 1a, Variable 2a, Variable 3a, Variable 4a, Variable 5a

Option 3 (Delivery Speed): Variable 1b, Variable 2b

Formula for total is (Product Type + Delivery Speed) X (Quantity)

My conversion tracking is off because it is tracking all conversions the same value, rather than tracking as a multi variate pricing structure. I can provide more details if it helps to answer this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Event Tracking for Forms as a Conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Justin,

yes it is quite possible yet it just depends on what you are actually sending to Google Analytics so in short you will probably need to add some javascript which will determine which price / revenue is going to be sent to GA.

You would simply put declare 3 main variables:
var productType = '';
var productQuantity = '';
var productDelivery = '';

Once the selection process is done you would retrieve all three values respectively and assign to each variable and call a function which would:
function totalTransactionValue (type,quantity,delivery) {
// calculate the total based on form selection
return totalValue; // you will probably use this value for ecommerce tracking or event value so you can assign a goal value
}

Now this is a really simplified version and you will probably need some dev help.

You will then have 2 basic options to send a dynamic value to GA - either as revenue with ecommerce tracking or send a simple event with an event value (this event value will be used in an event type goal where event value will be passed on as goal value).

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net