2.1K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Event Tracking Help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

We're using onclick event tracking for our contact form but the numbers showing in GA are significantly higher than what we're actually seeing come through. 

Does onclick record failed form submissions because this is the only thing I can think of. If so can someone point me in the right direction for how to kill this problem?

Thanks,

James

1 Expert replyverified_user

Event Tracking Help.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi James,

Instead of the onclick event please send the event to GA only on successful form submissions. When you send an event on each submit button click it would inflate the numbers because of the failed submissions as you mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Event Tracking Help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

This sounds logical. Could you please point me in the right direction for how to change this? I've tried looking through documentation but can't seem to find anything other than what I've already got running. 

Cheers,

James

Event Tracking Help.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi James,

What happens when the form is successfully submitted? Can you post the URL of the form so I can check?

Thanks!

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Event Tracking Help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold,

Certainly. It's: http://pay4later.com/contact

There's no success page for the form. On success a modal pops up. 

Thanks for your help!