AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Event Data on Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm very new to Google Analytics.  While trying to setup a couple of events for tracking our podcasts (streaming & downloading) I had used the Google Tag Manager.  Now I found an easier way (for our situation) by hardcoding the ga variable in analytics.js. How can I remove the eroneous data in Google Analytics that I had originally setup through Google Tag Manager (I have already deleted the tags and triggers from the Google Tag Manager)?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Event Data on Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mike H,

Unfortunately, there isn't a "delete" button for GA data. Easiest way would be to just live with it and make an annotation. Make sure you also have a "Raw" view that collects all your data without any filters applied so that if you need to, you could pull data from that.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike,

You can also segment out data by creating a custom segment, to do this you will need to find the event campaign name, action or label you do not want and then filter out the information.

First locate the event by navigating to Behaviour > Events
Then exclude the event by creating a custom segment - +add segment > New Segment >
Condition > Sessions > Exclude
(now choose what you wish to exclude)

I have created a public segment here for you to download:https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=taTr_g2tTJy4x4mxKJJykg

Just choose the date range you wish to exclude followed by category name you wish to exclude

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
At this early stage could I simply remove the website from Google Analytics account and add it again (assuming I would then start over with a new ID)? If so, how do I remove a website?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Mike H,

You can delete the property and create a new one by going to the Property Setting in the Admin UI, and then in the upper right hand corner there is a "Move to Trash Can" button. When you create a new property, you will get a new ID, incremented from the last property created in the same account.

Remember to create best practice views in your new property: a master reporting view, a test view for testing out filters and various configurations, and a raw view without any filters applied.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mike,

Rather create a new view and then delete the old one. I found that deleting the only available view causes many internal error issues.