Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Entrance in goal visualization?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

when i see a step that says {entrance} what does that mean?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Entrance in goal visualization?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marco
That's where the user started the goal flow.

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
what are the page underneath it ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Those are the pages/steps in the flow. I'd encourage you to look at the help Center articles for each of the reports that you're looking at. It explains them really well and you might get the answer you need quicker than waiting in me to respond to you Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dave, do you have any thoughts on how to interpret an "(entrance)" value in the *first* column of a Reverse Goal Path?

That's the column entitled "Goal Completion Location." I'm seeing the most of our goal completions showing up in the first row of this report, with "(entrance)" in that first column, which doesn't make sense to me.

For example, if we have a goal based on an "Play" event (we're tracking video plays), how could it be that a visitor could trigger that goal without visiting a page first, given that all our YouTube videos are in an iframe on a html page? I would think you'd always see some kind of page url in that first column.

Thanks for any thoughts.