Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced eCommerce Transactions Refunds not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've implemented Enhanced eCommerce through Measurement Protocol to make sure that the GA data 100% reflects the Paypal/Stripe transactions. In the process I've used some tests transaction that now I'd like to refund, but nothing seems to work. The Data Import Refund feature has been probably removed, that leaves me with the Measurement Protocol Hit Builder, but again the example shown in the documentation does not actually changes/edits/removes/adds the transactions/revenue, even tho the actual Event shows up in the Behavior -> Events report.

Here's the actual hit:

7eed649553596f385e6d225e5e40ff1a.png

Any actual solution to refund an enh Ecommerce transaction?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Enhanced eCommerce Transactions Refunds not working

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I never use the measurement protocal tool ( i really should ) but i think the tag is supposed to come out different ... 

I believe it's supposed to look like this: 

<script>
// Measure a partial refund by providing an array of productFieldObjects and specifying the ID and
// quantity of each product being returned. This example assumes the partial refund details are
// known at the time the page loads:
dataLayer
.push({

'ecommerce': {

'refund': {

'actionField': {'id': 'T12345'},        // Transaction ID.

'products': [

{'id': 'P4567', 'quantity': 1},   // Product ID and quantity. Required for partial refunds.

{'id': 'P8901','quantity': 2}

]

}

}
});
</script>

Source: https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce#refunds

Let me know if you're still having problems! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’