Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced eCommerce - Product detail views do not match to Product Pageviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to kindly ask if you can help us with one peculiar issue.

There is an ecommerce website where is implemented enhanced ecommerce.

So normally Product detail views (from enhanced ecommerce implementation) and standard pageview(standard GA tag on all pages) for that product should match in amount.

So when there is 100 pageviews for certain product there should be as well 100 Product detail views

However, we see in our reports strange thing - two metrics do not match - e.g. we have 2 pageviews for the product but send 33 product detail views from enhanced ecommerce

Likewise there is are day when it is vice versa - 34 pageviews but only 7 Product detail views.

We tried to come up with idea what can be a problem but normally if there is an issue the number should be skewed only one way.

When the differentiate greatly and one time are higher pageviews and next time product detail views it is strange.

Please did someone experienced this? or is there something we are missing?

Thank you very much for help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Enhanced eCommerce - Product detail views do not match to Product Pageviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

are you checking unique page views? Since you are responsible of sending those product detail view hits, have you checked that the hits get sent accordingly?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.