Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced eCommerce, Product Impressions & Pageviews

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Background

With Enhanced Ecommerce we can now see how many times a product was viewed in a list, and then see how often it was clicked on.

However, when a category page is loaded, all products are counted as being seen by the user/session, even if they never scrolled down the page to see certain products.

Question

Is there a best practice way to only have GA record a 'view' in the list, when the user actually scrolled to see that product in their viewport? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam G
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Sam G,

Yes, there's a way to implement this type of "true" impression. You would have to write up (or modify existing) custom HTML code to help you track these these "below the fold" impressions.

I don't know if there's a "best practice" per se, but it's really up to the individual/organisation to see what makes better business sense for you - to either track impressions of products on page load, or to track them dynamically as they are actually viewed.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam G
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Sam G,

Yes, there's a way to implement this type of "true" impression. You would have to write up (or modify existing) custom HTML code to help you track these these "below the fold" impressions.

I don't know if there's a "best practice" per se, but it's really up to the individual/organisation to see what makes better business sense for you - to either track impressions of products on page load, or to track them dynamically as they are actually viewed.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn