AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Ecoommerce data trough Google Tag Manager not arriving to GA

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

I tried to configure Enhanced Ecoommerce in GA using Google Tag Manger for sending the data. I can see the data in GA debug, but there is n data for Eccommerce in Analytics. Please, check the images attached.

analytics-config.pngConfig in GA

gtm-config-1.pngConfig in GTM 1

gtm-config-2.pngConfig in GTM 2

analytics-debug.pngGA Debug

code-eccommerce.pngCode implemented

Thanks, 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Enhanced Ecoommerce data trough Google Tag Manager not arriving to GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, @Oscar M, how long are you waiting for the ecommerce data to be processed? You won't be able to see the data immediately in GA as it takes up to 24 hours to process. Also, it's strange that there is no client ID (or did you blur that out in your screenshot?).

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Nicky Y, thanks for the answer.

Yes, we have been testing since last Friday, there is not data yet. And yes, I blurred the client id info.

Thanks, 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi, Oscar M,

Did you make sure you aren't filtering out your hits?

Are you able to share the link to that particular page with the impressions so that we can review the Ecommerce hit?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Nicky Y,

Filtering the hits where? In Analytics? I think not in all our tests, because, for example, last Monday we had 7 hits related to the GA event that help me to send the enhanced eccommerce data. Just for being sure, I created a new view with no filters.

About sharing that page. Well, the site is public but you have to buy for getting the eccommerce hit. But I requested an static copy of the Thank You page. I will let you know when I have it.

And again, thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Oscar,

Make sure your transaction data is there in data layer when your tag fires. if not fire the tag after the values are populate into the data layer.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sura

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

@Nicky Y, this is the URL for go to a page sending eccommerce data to GA:

https://yomeuno.com/gracias-estatica.html

@Suradha P, thanks for the answer. I believe the data exists in data layer when event is fired (on DOM ready). Check the images below.

Captura de pantalla 2016-11-30 a las 14.43.53.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-11-30 a las 14.44.06.png

Thanks, 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi, Oscar, thanks for the link, but you'll have to guide me on what to click. Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Nicky Y, you have to do nothing, when the page loads it fires the GTM that triggers de GA event.

Update: sorry, I didn't publish the trigger for new page in Google Tag Manager, may be it's the reason why you didn't see anything.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Thanks, it's very odd. When I inspect the hit, I get this message:

"description": "The value provided for parameter 'il1pi1ca' is over the recommended limit. Please see http://goo.gl/a8d4RP#il_pi_ca for details.",

Can you change the ecommerce category (il1pi1ca) value to something else, like "test" for example and then see if that works?