Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Ecommerce Tag in Google Tag Manager

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I have set up enhanced ecommerce tracking via google tag manager, I can see some results, but some are missing and I am trying to fix it. I checked everything seem to be ok, I just wonder about one thing.

I have a tag: Universal Analytics, track type: page view (to track standard pageviews, etc.)

and for ecommerce, I have added another tag: Universal Analytics, track type: pageview, read data from 'my_ecommerce_variable'. I just wonder if it's ok to have two UA tags or should I combine them in one? Maybe this is an issue? Do you have any thoughts?

Thank you!

Regards,

Leo

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: Enhanced Ecommerce Tag in Google Tag Manager

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Leo,

Please refer to the Enhanced Ecommerce with GTM guide here:

https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce

Some of the ecommerce activities are sent with pageviews (like product impressions, product details, ecommerce transactions), you need the Universal Analytics Page View type tracking tag with enhanced ecommerce enabled in order to track these.

Other activities are sent on events (product clicks cart additions -removals, promotion clicks). For these events you need to set up event type Universal Analytics tags in GTM.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Leo,

Please refer to the Enhanced Ecommerce with GTM guide here:

https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce

Some of the ecommerce activities are sent with pageviews (like product impressions, product details, ecommerce transactions), you need the Universal Analytics Page View type tracking tag with enhanced ecommerce enabled in order to track these.

Other activities are sent on events (product clicks cart additions -removals, promotion clicks). For these events you need to set up event type Universal Analytics tags in GTM.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Arnold, I will check it again.
Just one question about this. In our website, there are only deposits, users deposit funds on our website and later spend it in our applications.
So, I am trying to track the deposits now and I think that 'purchase' activity is the best option for me, what I am concerned about is that we do not have products, only deposits. Do you think it's correct to use the 'purchase' activity or are there any others that I can use?

Thank you!
Leo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold,

Any ideas why every time I go to install the Tag Container on my WP site that the WP site crashes? I cant seem to find a straight answer from anyone who has had experience of this issue.

Heeelllpp. Thanks 8-)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Levon:
Using a purchase activity is a perfect solution for the deposits. Even though they are not technically 'products' it can still be treated the same way and then use the built in Google Analytics reports to see how conversions relate to your acquisition and content.
Best,
Jay