AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced Ecommerce - More money in transactions segment than "add to cart" (?)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking Enhanced Ecommerce data with a segment for "sessions with add to cart" and a segment for "sessions with transactions". When those segments are applied, I went to Product Performance because I want to see which products were being added to a cart but not ultimately purchased.

When I look at the sales performance, there's more $ for transactions then for "add to cart".  My thought process is that I would see less in transactions because fewer people get all the way to a purchase.

It's also quite possible I'm not thinking this through clearly or applying segments where it doesn't make sense. The screen shot is attached if anyone can steer me in the right direction. 

ecommerce question.jpg

Re: Enhanced Ecommerce - More money in transactions segment than "add to cart" (?)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tina,

There might be situations where people added a specific product to the cart but didn't buy during their first session. They came back after a few hours/days and then made a purchase (they already had this specific product their cart).

You can figure out the number of sessions when people didn't add anything to their cart but made a purchase using this kind of segment:

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 04.44.56.png

Here you can get it: Sessions with Product Adds To Basket = 0 & Product Revenue > 0

If you would like to see which products were being added to a cart but not ultimately purchased, you can use this segment and custom report together that I created for you:

1. Custom Report - Products + Basket + Revenue

2. Segment - Sessions with Product Adds to Basket > 0 & Product Revenue = 0 (per user)

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.
Taavi