Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Learn how to set up goals and Ecommerce tracking, verify accuracy of attribution traffic sources, and discuss funnel visualization, Multi-Channel Funnels, the Goal Flow Report, and Enhanced Ecommerce

Guide Me
star_border

Enhanced E-commerce giving 2 weird notifications

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the e-commerce tab I am getting the below notifications and i'm concerned with the accuracy of the e-commerce data. There is no link to learn more so I'm not sure what these notifications mean.

"This report has been filtered to include only data where there are values for "Product" dimension. "

"This report has been filtered to include only data where there are values for "Affiliation" dimension. "

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author chris l
January 2016

Re: Enhanced E-commerce giving 2 weird notifications

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It's not required. If you don't have any affiliation data included in the e-commerce hits, in the ecommerce overview no transactions will be listed under "Affiliation".

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chris,

These notifications appeared mid December in all ecommerce enabled properties I manage.

It means that only records that contain data for "Product" and "Affiliation" will appear in that report.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't have any affiliation data included in the e-commerce hits, but I still have data showing. Affiliation is not a required field per the documentation.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author chris l
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It's not required. If you don't have any affiliation data included in the e-commerce hits, in the ecommerce overview no transactions will be listed under "Affiliation".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Chris and Arnold

The notifications appear on the Ecommerce Overview Report
It combines data from the Sales and Product Performance Reports which *require* Transactions ID and Product Name dimensions

I expect that "Affiliation" in the report notification is a typo and should refer to "Transaction ID"